Monday, February 15, 2016

Graduate School Teacher

Meet Janey, the newest member of our classroom.  Janey is from the Graduate School of education and will be a part of Room 13 for the next 7 weeks of term.  Please pop in and say "hi".

Hi to all the family, whanau and friends of students in room 13! 
I am looking forward to getting to know your children and assist with their learning over the next 7 weeks. I am in my third term of study and have had previous placements with year 8 students at Heaton Intermediate, and new entrants at New Brighton Catholic School. I also have experience teaching English in Vietnam, which is what sparked my interest in teaching as a career. 
This term I am focussing on teaching a wider range of subjects and hooking students in to fun learning activities that will keep them motivated and focussed. I will soon be starting an art unit and am looking forward to getting involved in the whitebait project the students have already begun working on.
I am excited about the challenges and growth both myself and the students will be exposed to this term. 
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about my role in room 13, or just to introduce yourself!  
- Janey McMullen

No comments:

Post a Comment